September 03, 2004
You know you've been on the road for (too) long when:
- Your favorite 'product' is instant hand sanitizer (what would I do without it?!??!)
- In your purse/day bag you carry a ROLL of toilet paper - not a few sheets stashed in your pocket - a full-on plastic wrapped, cardboard insert ROLL
- You are amazed to see currency from your home country
- A perfect day would be one in which you simply blend into the surroundings - no "You need taxi?" "Special price for you today!" "You speak Arabic?" "Where you from?" "Come inside my store. Look is free." "Where you go?" "You buy book from me, Mr. Longhair? Color pictures!"
- You speak in broken English at all times, even to native speakers (ie: "Today, I go to Internet Cafe"
- You have one item in your pack that acts as towel, blanket, skirt, dress, shirt, head wrap, back support, curtain, pillow, jacket, sweater, tote, etc.
- You are so overwhelmed with your hair getting blow dried that you don't even care that it was just dyed PINK!
*To Be Continued...............
Comments: Post a Comment